Hi and welcome to my post today which is a Twisted Easel Card I have created with the new Highland Christmas collection designed by Sue Smyth. I have also created a pair of Foamiran Flowers especially for this card, on which I have edged the petals with Red Glitzin Glamour Glitter Glue.
I started my card by folding the cardbase in half on the fold line and then folding the front inwards in half diagonally so that the bottom right corner meets the top of the centrefold. I then layered the sections using the Highland Christmas patterned papers – being sure to fussy-cut around the cottage.
- Easel Base – Red Tartan – 5”x5” – cut diagonally
- Easel Feature – Scene – 4¾”x4¾” – cut diagonally fussy-cut around cottage
- Base Square – Red Tartan – 5⅛”x5⅛”
- Base Triangles – Scene and Snowflakes – 4⅞”x4⅞” – cut diagonally
- Back of Easel – Snowflakes – 5”x5” – cut diagonally
The bow tucked under the Foamiran Flowers is fussy-cut from patterned paper and stuck in place with the rest of the elements in the floral cluster with the Helmar 450 Glue. I did hold the elements in place for a minute or two to make sure they stayed together nice and tight.
The front triangle on the bottom layer holds the Easel in position, which is achieved with the help of Foam Tape.
Couture Creations products I have used:
- CO726275 Highland Christmas 12×12 Doublesided Paper #2
- CO726281 Highland Christmas 12×12 Doublesided Paper #8
- CO726278 Highland Christmas 12×12 Doublesided Paper #5
- CO726297 Highland Christmas Peace on Earth Mini Die
- CO726286 Highland Christmas Diecut Ephemera Set
- ULT157907 Special Occasions Beaded Branch
- CO724846 Card & Envelope Set – Cream Square
- CO726144 Foamiran Multicoloured 10 pack (Red)
- CO724918 Be Merry Bouquet Stamens (Gold)
- CO725403 A4 Gold with Draft Lines Mirror Foil Board
- CO724161 Floral Layers Cutting Dies – Clavelina
- CO721979 Glitzin Glamour Glitter Glue – Red
- CO721964 12mm Foam Mounting Tape
- ULT157644 Diecut’N Bond
- CO725159 Stainless Steel Scissors
- H00043 Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue 125ml
Thank you for visiting today and I hope you enjoyed this insight into how I created this Twisted Easel Christmas Card – have a wonderful day